At AERA, our 24/7 Emergency Department is currently experiencing longer than average wait times. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as our teams are working around the clock to make sure each pet that comes to our hospital receives the highest level of medical care possible. At this time, we highly recommend calling us at (973)-788-0500 before bringing your pet to AERA for an emergency visit, so we can discuss your pet’s case and best prepare for your arrival. Please be aware that in the unlikely but possible event that our hospital has reached full capacity, we may recommend bringing your pet to another nearby emergency facility for care. As a reminder, we are open 24/7, 365 days a year for veterinary emergencies. We appreciate your cooperation during this time, and please do not hesitate to call us with any questions.
Last updated December 1, 2022
- When arriving to AERA for an emergency visit or a scheduled specialty appointment, please proceed to our front desk to get checked in. If you are feeling unwell, please call us at (973)-788-0500 before entering the building.
- For the health and safety of our clients and staff, clients are required to wear a mask while visiting AERA.
- For emergency visits, patients will be triaged by a veterinary nurse while you wait in our lobby or in your car. The doctor will call you when it is time for you to come and discuss a treatment plan for your pet.
- For appointments with one of our specialty departments, please check in with our front desk. The number of clients permitted into the appointment per patient will be determined at the doctor’s discretion.
- If you have any questions about these updates to our appointment protocol, please call us at (973)-788-0500.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!