Our Cardiology Department features a board-certified veterinary cardiologist with specialized expertise in medical and interventional cardiology to enhance the extensive scope of services offered at AERA.
We provide diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management for a wide array of both congenital (from birth) and acquired heart and respiratory diseases in dogs and cats. Based on your pet’s clinical history and physical examination findings, and utilizing advanced diagnostic and imaging techniques, we diagnose heart disease and develop an appropriate treatment plan that works for you and your pet. We also work alongside your family veterinarian to help monitor your pet’s cardiac disease and make appropriate changes in therapy whenever necessary. Veterinarians from AERA’s 24/7 emergency and other specialty departments also have access to our cardiologist for consultation should the need arise for a comprehensive evaluation or treatment.
• Pacemaker implantation
• Diagnosis & management of valvular disease
• Evaluation of murmurs
• Breed screens for congenital heart disease
• Breed screens for acquired heart disease
• Hypertension evaluation & treatment
• Cough/dyspnea evaluation
• Cardiac & respiratory exams
• Geriatric exams
• Pre-anesthetic evaluation
• Diagnosis & treatment of heartworm disease